#PrayForThePhilippines

by - Wednesday, August 08, 2012



It's been raining in the Philippines since last week and rainfall continues as I write this blogpost. Still fresh from the wounds of Ondoy, yet we are in a state of calamity once again. I can not express how fortunate and thankful I am to be safe at home with my family. I’ve been through a fair share of scary flood trouble back in 2009, when Ondoy hit Metro Manila and it made me panic at the sight of rain ever since. I can only imagine the fear in everyone’s hearts right now.  I was so happy when I woke up today seeing the sun comes up, but to my dismay, the rain poured again in the afternoon. What just made me happy is the fact na #WALANGPASOK

As I browse thru my twitter timeline, I saw many passionate people striving to help others. Celebrities like Divine Lee and Regine Velasquez has been tweeting non stop to help in relief and rescue operations, and I really salute them for their efforts. They're beyond amazing! 


Today we find ourselves in desperation and fear, but tomorrow we will stand strong and united, just like we did the last time.

Here are some of the ways to get info and help:
If you know anyone in need of immediate rescuing/evacuation assistance, tweet #RescuePH
If you know anyone in need of aid (clothes, medicine, milk etc.), tweet #ReliefPH
Project Noah: noah.dost.gov.ph
Twitter Accounts to Monitor:
@govph- Official PH Government portal
@nababaha – Project Noah
@mmda & @MMDATweets – Metro Manila Development Authority
@philredcross – Philippine Red Cross
@dost_pagasa – PAGASA
@DOTCPhilippines – for public transportation concerns
@meralco – for power/electricity concerns
@DSWDserve – for evacuation centers
@Rescue5PH – rescue team by TV5
@MarikinaPIO – efforts for Marikina City
@PTVph – PTV 4
@NDRRMC_Opcen – National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council
Crowd-sourced documents for Rescue Ops:
Donations:
Donate directly to Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org.ph/donate
via paypal: fundgeneration@redcross.org.ph
Smart subscribers may send donations to Red Cross via SMS. Text RED to 4143.
Globe subscribers may just text RED<space>AMOUNT to 2899 (Globe).
For Globe Gcash users, text DONATE < amount > MPIN SLB to 2882 (e.g. DONATE 100 1234 slb)
You can donate the ff. denominations:
Globe: 5, 25, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
Smart: 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500 or 1000
Take note of these EMERGENCY HOTLINES
Here is a list of EVACTUATION CENTERS AND RELIEF OPERATIONS in Metro Manila where you can drop by and help
Keep in mind that after wading in flood waters, you need to take 2 100mg DOXYCYCLINE capsules as soon as possible. Take them for 3-5 days if you have any open wounds that were exposed to the water and consult a doctor if you get other symptoms.
REBLOGGED from:  Kryz Uy





You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! Follow me and I will follow back