Colourpop "On A Whim" Satin Liquid Lipstick Review

by - Monday, February 20, 2017


Colourpop is one of the most popular brand of liquid lipstick nowadays. They are all over the internet and I decided to get myself one set from their mini-size lip kits for a trial. These lip kits are super small but you still get a decent number of uses. They are perfect if you are on a budget!


The packaging is frosty matte with the usual black cap. A lightweight, comfortable, bold lipstick with a Satin finish. This lipstick is extremely long wearing, although not completely kiss proof– you may leave some marks on your coffee cup! I start by prepping my lips with a lip balm to moisturize and improve my lips texture.



These mini size kit are so pretty on my lips since I have red undertone.

Magic Wand: it is a light nude shade and works for every complexion.

Mess Around: I love this grey and beige combination that compliments my skin tone.

Stud: this one is my favorite of all the shades. It is a warm brown terracotta and suits my personality.

TooLips: is a deepened plum brown and perfect for a night out.

Dopey: this shade is a muted pink and my least favorite because I'm not a pink shade lover.

They’re lightly hydrating on the lips. They dry down to a comfortable, satiny finish and are long wearing, but not transfer proof. These wear about 6 – 8 hours on me, and last pretty well through eating and drinking, but you’ll likely have to reapply. They fade evenly and retouching is no problem. They’re also very pigmented and fully opaque in one swipe. And I love the fact that they have no taste or scent.

Overall, this mini set is worth the money and I don't regret buying them at all. I will definitely purchase again on full size. I have been wearing them everyday at work and I get compliments all the time. I wish I could swatch them one by one but I just have no time. Xo

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! Follow me and I will follow back