Ginataang Alimango

by - Saturday, September 24, 2011

Went to the wet market so early today. I saw these yummy crabs..

P260 per kilo

I asked manong to cut the crabs into halves


Since I was craving for ginataan that day, I decided to cook Ginataang Alimango.

Ingredients


  • 1 or 2 large mud crabs (alimango)
  • 5 slices of ginger (luya)
  • 5 cloves garlic (bawang)
  • 1 large onion
  • 10 stalks string beans (sitaw)
  • 500g squash (kalabasa)
  • 2 cups thick coconut cream (1st extraction)
  • 5 cups coconut milk (2nd extraction)
  • 2 pieces green chili, chopped 
  • 2 pieces siling labuyo (optional but since I'm a Bicolana this is a must for me)
  • salt to taste

squash and string beans



Directions


  1. Chop crab into small portions and crack the shell slightly.
  2. In a wok, combine all ingredients except the veggies and the coconut cream (1st extraction)
  3. Boil ingredients stirring constantly until the crabs are cooked.
  4. Throw in the veggies, simmer for 2 minutes until veggies are half cooked.
  5. Mix in the coconut cream (1st extraction) and simmer for a minute.
  6. Serve with hot rice


My daughter ate all the crabs and the veggies was all good..



You May Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting! Follow me and I will follow back